In this episode Erin Hart welcomes Abena Abraham and Jay Belsito, to discuss the importance of community organizing.
Abena serves as the Unrestricted Minnesota Campaign Director, while Jay is an organizer at Gender Justice.
This episode emphasizes the significance of direct engagement with Minnesotans and the success of electoral organizing efforts, including strategies like door-knocking and community protests.
The advocacy team’s future plans are also highlighted, including the focus on educating the community about recent legislative developments, taking an intersectional approach to their work, and preparing for upcoming elections.
We encourage listeners to stay informed and engaged by following Gender Justice on social media, signing up for the email list, and reaching out for one-on-one conversations to become actively involved in advocating for positive change.
Overall, the importance of community organizing, regardless of one’s capacity, emphasizes the power of collective action to address pressing issues in society, including transgender rights and reproductive justice.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights
- Pregnancy and Pumping Rights
- Unpacking the Supreme Court Ruling in 303 Creative v Elenis
- One Year Without Roe: Reflections on the Anniversary of the Dobbs Decision
- North Dakota Update Part Two: Abortion Rights
- Transgender Rights in Government Custody: A Landmark Settlement
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!
- The Road to UnRestricting Minnesota