Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting
In this episode of The Gender Justice Brief, Erin Hart, Senator Erin Maye Quade, and legal director Jess Braverman return to discuss the groundbreaking case of Cooper versus USA Powerlifting, which has set a precedent for trans inclusion in sports.
JayCee Cooper, Gender Justice’s first client to join the podcast, shares her experience and why she brought the case against USA Powerlifting, highlighting the ongoing attacks against the trans community.
The case sheds light on the importance of transgender inclusion in sports. The podcast delves into how it will help educate people and break down misinformation perpetuated in the media.
With the help of co-counsel Nichols Kaster and Premo Frank, as well as national partners like Athlete Ally and Inclusion Playbook, Gender Justice was able to gain support for trans inclusion in sports and set an example for other states to follow.
This victory emphasizes that trans inclusion is essential for the growth and success of women’s sports.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
- Organizing for Reproductive Freedom
- The Trans Refuge Bill
- Medication Abortion in Jeopardy?
- Menstrual Equity Legislation
- Special episode: PRO Act Vote Update
- How Religion is being used to expand and limit civil rights
- More legislation moving & the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade