Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting
In this episode of The Gender Justice Brief, Erin Hart, Senator Erin Maye Quade, and legal director Jess Braverman return to discuss the groundbreaking case of Cooper versus USA Powerlifting, which has set a precedent for trans inclusion in sports.
JayCee Cooper, Gender Justice’s first client to join the podcast, shares her experience and why she brought the case against USA Powerlifting, highlighting the ongoing attacks against the trans community.
The case sheds light on the importance of transgender inclusion in sports. The podcast delves into how it will help educate people and break down misinformation perpetuated in the media.
With the help of co-counsel Nichols Kaster and Premo Frank, as well as national partners like Athlete Ally and Inclusion Playbook, Gender Justice was able to gain support for trans inclusion in sports and set an example for other states to follow.
This victory emphasizes that trans inclusion is essential for the growth and success of women’s sports.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights
- Pregnancy and Pumping Rights
- Unpacking the Supreme Court Ruling in 303 Creative v Elenis
- One Year Without Roe: Reflections on the Anniversary of the Dobbs Decision
- North Dakota Update Part Two: Abortion Rights
- Transgender Rights in Government Custody: A Landmark Settlement
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!