Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
This episode was recorded live at the annual Gender Justice Brunch.
Among our amazing guests, we welcomed Helene and Matthew Woods. Helene recounts the challenging journey of Matt, during his transition from elementary to middle school. After Matt came out as transgender, he faced significant difficulties at school, including discrimination and being denied access to appropriate restrooms. This led to frequent absences and a loss of interest in school. After the family patiently explored several solutions, their struggles led to a legal battle, and with the support of the attorneys at Gender Justice, the Woods family won in a pivotal court decision that affirmed Matt’s identity. This legal victory rekindled Matt’s motivation, leading to an impressive academic comeback, high school graduation, and more.
The team at Gender Justice is extremely proud to have had the opportunity to represent the Woods family. And we will continue to provide legal support and advocacy in overcoming discrimination and fostering positive change for all.
For more, please visit:
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access
- Minnesota School Board Elections: What’s at Stake?
- Live from the MN Council of Nonprofits: Ana & Cam Kruger interview Jess Braverman
- Virtual Briefing: Protecting Transgender Kids in North Dakota
- Medication Abortion Lawsuits Update
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights