The Gender Justice Brief – A brief introduction
Welcome to The Gender Justice Brief, a podcast about fighting for gender equity by breaking down legal, structural, and cultural barriers in expanding protections for all people regardless of their gender, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
In this first episode, our host Erin Hart (Communications Director), is joined by Jess Braverman (Legal Director), and Erin Maye Quade (Special Projects Advisor) to discuss what to look forward to in 2023.
Jess Braverman highlights some of the big cases the legal team will be working on in 2023, including a case against the Department of Corrections in Minnesota for the mistreatment of transgender inmates and a lawsuit against U.S.A. Powerlifting. There will also be arguments in January regarding outside groups attempting to intervene in the lawsuit against Minnesota’s unconstitutional abortion restrictions.
Erin Maye Quade discusses her transition to a new role as Special Projects Advisor, and her excitement for the growth and expansion of Gender Justice in 2023. She also touches on the importance of intersectionality in the work of Gender Justice, and how the organization will continue to uplift and support marginalized communities.
Overall, 2023 looks to be a busy and exciting year for Gender Justice as we work toward our goal of achieving gender equity and justice for all.
Thank you for joining us for this first preview episode, and be sure to tune in for future updates and discussions on gender justice!
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Equity in Minnesota: 2024 Legislative Agenda Briefing
- Exposing Fake Clinics: Minnesota’s “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- Equality for All: Minnesota’s Equal Rights Amendment
- Roe v. Wade’s Reversal: Impact in the Heartland
- Learning from the Green Wave: Fighting for Abortion Access in Latin America
- End of Year Mail Bag: Erin & Jess answer your questions
- Ali v. Sun Country: Justice for a Nursing Mom
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access