Menstrual Equity Legislation
In this episode, Erin Hart and Erica Soloman (Exec. Director at NCJW MN) discuss HF44, the Menstrual Equity Bill.
NCJW Minnesota is pushing for the “menstrual equity bill” (HF 44 and SF 50) to fund menstrual products in public and charter schools.
One in five students experiences “period poverty,” and many miss class without access to menstrual products.
NCJW Minnesota has distributed over 200,000 menstrual products since 2018 but seeks a systemic solution.
The bill has bipartisan support but faced opposition and transphobic language. High school graduates, organizations, and Girl Scouts testified in support.
NCJW Minnesota is also part of the Communities Combating Hate coalition working on legislation against hate crimes and bias incidents.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Equity in Minnesota: 2024 Legislative Agenda Briefing
- Exposing Fake Clinics: Minnesota’s “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- Equality for All: Minnesota’s Equal Rights Amendment
- Roe v. Wade’s Reversal: Impact in the Heartland
- Learning from the Green Wave: Fighting for Abortion Access in Latin America
- End of Year Mail Bag: Erin & Jess answer your questions
- Ali v. Sun Country: Justice for a Nursing Mom
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access