Introducing Monica Meyer, Political Director at Gender Justice
In this episode of the Gender Justice Brief, Political Director Monica Meyer discusses the organization’s work on LGBTQ and reproductive rights, highlighting progress made in Minnesota’s healthcare benefits and non-discrimination laws.
Meyer’s experience as Executive Director at Outfront Minnesota has given her extensive knowledge of LGBTQ issues and policies, which she brings to her role at Gender Justice.
This episode emphasizes the need for more inclusivity and accessibility in politics, and Gender Justice’s work on establishing a paid family medical leave program for Minnesota.
Select politicians are recognized as champions of LGBTQ+ rights and same-sex marriage in Minnesota, and recent developments in the formation of a new caucus and reproductive Freedom Caucus are exciting for the fight for LGBTQ+ and reproductive rights.
Gender Justice will add to its toolbox of political advocacy, electoral advocacy, and organizing around elections.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!
- The Road to UnRestricting Minnesota
- Christy Hall: 10 years of success at Gender Justice
- North Dakota Update: Part 1
- Bill updates and unpacking the FDA lawsuits
- Virtual Briefing: Unpacking Medication Abortion Rulings
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
- Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting