More legislation moving & the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
In this episode, Erin Hart, Megan Peterson, and Abena Abraham discuss the latest news from the legislature and the 50th Anniversary of Roe v Wade.
We discuss the latest news from the legislative session, starting with the PRO Act (Protect Reproductive Options Act), which successfully cleared the house with a vote of 69-65.
The bill will now move on to the Senate.
We then dig into the Reproductive Freedom Codification Act and Positive Pregnancies Support Act, focusing on expanding access to abortion and providing unbiased support and care for pregnant individuals.
The Positive Pregnancies Support Act deals with state funding for crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs), which can limit the care and support that patients receive, and addresses privacy concerns related to CPCs.
On the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we acknowledge the pain of not reaching the milestone but see it as an opportunity to set a new bar and reshape the conversation toward full human rights and reproductive freedom.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!
- The Road to UnRestricting Minnesota
- Christy Hall: 10 years of success at Gender Justice
- Introducing Monica Meyer, Political Director at Gender Justice
- North Dakota Update: Part 1
- Bill updates and unpacking the FDA lawsuits
- Virtual Briefing: Unpacking Medication Abortion Rulings
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?