Pregnancy and Pumping Rights
In this episode, Erin Hart, Allison Glass and Sara Jane Baldwin discuss rights for pregnant employees and for pumping at work.
- Changes in the Minnesota’s Women’s Economic Security Act (WESA), which include more frequent breaks, seating arrangements, and lifting limits for pregnant employees.
- A focus on creating safe, private spaces for pumping that are not bathrooms, with access to electrical outlets.
- The definition of retaliation against employees who assert these rights is more robust in the new legislation.
- Resources and tools for pregnant and pumping workers to know their rights.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights
- Unpacking the Supreme Court Ruling in 303 Creative v Elenis
- One Year Without Roe: Reflections on the Anniversary of the Dobbs Decision
- North Dakota Update Part Two: Abortion Rights
- Transgender Rights in Government Custody: A Landmark Settlement
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!
- The Road to UnRestricting Minnesota