Back to School: Know Your Rights
In the episode, Erin Hart and Christy Hall discuss the legal protections for transgender students and their families under federal and state law.
The Minnesota Human Rights Act ensures rights for transgender students and their families. If you have experienced discrimination, you can report it to the Minnesota Department of Human Rights here.
Gender Justice has won cases against school districts who violated transgender students’ rights, guaranteeing access to facilities and ending discrimination.
Transgender student rights face challenges due to political debates, sometimes leading to non-compliance and potential bullying.
Christy highlights protections under Title IX, a federal law enforced by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the Department of Education. See here for more information on how to file a complaint with OCR.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Another Victory for Abortion Rights in Minnesota
- Gender Equity in Minnesota: 2024 Legislative Agenda Briefing
- Exposing Fake Clinics: Minnesota’s “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- Equality for All: Minnesota’s Equal Rights Amendment
- Roe v. Wade’s Reversal: Impact in the Heartland
- Learning from the Green Wave: Fighting for Abortion Access in Latin America
- End of Year Mail Bag: Erin & Jess answer your questions
- Ali v. Sun Country: Justice for a Nursing Mom
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?