Christy Hall: 10 years of success at Gender Justice
In this episode, Erin Hart and Christy Hall reflect on Christy’s 10 years at Gender Justice and big wins for bodily autonomy and transgender rights.
- An update on Doe v. Minnesota, a historic lawsuit that resulted in most of Minnesota’s abortion restrictions being ruled unconstitutional.
- Victories for transgender rights involving the Affordable Care Act and protecting transgender students’ rights’ in schools.
- Despite trends in other states, Minnesota stands out for its efforts to protect LGBTQ+ individuals through legislation and legal avenues.
- Balancing Messaging and Progress: Inclusive laws in Minnesota counteract harmful messages affecting LGBTQ+ individuals. Progress we have made in Minnesota offers hope amid setbacks in some states.
- Strategy: As we were unable to rely on the federal courts to protect our rights after 2016, Gender Justice shifted our focus to state court litigation and leveraged the Minnesota Human Rights Act in our work.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session 2023 Wrap Up!
- The Road to UnRestricting Minnesota
- Introducing Monica Meyer, Political Director at Gender Justice
- North Dakota Update: Part 1
- Bill updates and unpacking the FDA lawsuits
- Virtual Briefing: Unpacking Medication Abortion Rulings
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
- Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting