Christy Hall: 10 years of success at Gender Justice
In this episode, Erin Hart and Christy Hall reflect on Christy’s 10 years at Gender Justice and big wins for bodily autonomy and transgender rights.
- An update on Doe v. Minnesota, a historic lawsuit that resulted in most of Minnesota’s abortion restrictions being ruled unconstitutional.
- Victories for transgender rights involving the Affordable Care Act and protecting transgender students’ rights’ in schools.
- Despite trends in other states, Minnesota stands out for its efforts to protect LGBTQ+ individuals through legislation and legal avenues.
- Balancing Messaging and Progress: Inclusive laws in Minnesota counteract harmful messages affecting LGBTQ+ individuals. Progress we have made in Minnesota offers hope amid setbacks in some states.
- Strategy: As we were unable to rely on the federal courts to protect our rights after 2016, Gender Justice shifted our focus to state court litigation and leveraged the Minnesota Human Rights Act in our work.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Equity in Minnesota: 2024 Legislative Agenda Briefing
- Exposing Fake Clinics: Minnesota’s “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- Equality for All: Minnesota’s Equal Rights Amendment
- Roe v. Wade’s Reversal: Impact in the Heartland
- Learning from the Green Wave: Fighting for Abortion Access in Latin America
- End of Year Mail Bag: Erin & Jess answer your questions
- Ali v. Sun Country: Justice for a Nursing Mom
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access