ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
The Supreme Court heard important cases in the October 2022-2023 sitting. In case you missed it, here is a refresher of what was ahead for the court. Decisions are still pending on these cases. Erin Hart, Gender Justice's Communications Director, and Jess Braverman, Legal Director, discuss 4 Supreme Court cases.
- Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard, challenges whether schools can consider race in their admissions policies.
- Brackeen v. Haaland, challenging The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- 303 Creative v. Elenis, a Colorado-based wedding website designer, is suing because she wants to design a wedding website that does not involve gay marriage.
- The implications of Moore v. Harper and its potential to affect American democracy.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting
- Organizing for Reproductive Freedom
- The Trans Refuge Bill
- Medication Abortion in Jeopardy?
- Menstrual Equity Legislation
- Special episode: PRO Act Vote Update
- How Religion is being used to expand and limit civil rights
- More legislation moving & the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade