ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
The Supreme Court heard important cases in the October 2022-2023 sitting. In case you missed it, here is a refresher of what was ahead for the court. Decisions are still pending on these cases. Erin Hart, Gender Justice's Communications Director, and Jess Braverman, Legal Director, discuss 4 Supreme Court cases.
- Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard, challenges whether schools can consider race in their admissions policies.
- Brackeen v. Haaland, challenging The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- 303 Creative v. Elenis, a Colorado-based wedding website designer, is suing because she wants to design a wedding website that does not involve gay marriage.
- The implications of Moore v. Harper and its potential to affect American democracy.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
- Medication Abortion Lawsuits Update
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights
- Pregnancy and Pumping Rights
- Unpacking the Supreme Court Ruling in 303 Creative v Elenis
- One Year Without Roe: Reflections on the Anniversary of the Dobbs Decision
- North Dakota Update Part Two: Abortion Rights
- Transgender Rights in Government Custody: A Landmark Settlement