Organizing for Reproductive Freedom
In this episode, Erin Hart and Megan Peterson, and Abena Abraham discuss the current state of legislation. Cynthia Lin’s keynote leads into the episode.
In this episode, Cynthia Lin from the National Network of Abortion Funds delivers a keynote address at Reproductive Freedom Lobby Day in Minnesota, emphasizing the importance of advocating for reproductive autonomy and abortion access. We also discuss the fractured landscape of abortion rights in the US, the impact of the recent Dobbs decision, and the situation in neighboring Wisconsin. We recap Gender Justice’s lobby day, which focused on pushing for the leadership agenda and exploring Minnesota’s efforts to expand abortion access, reproductive health rights, and justice. Finally, we discuss the impending decision from a Texas court on Mifepristone and the need to continue efforts to counter the anti-abortion movement’s goal of banning all abortions.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
- Medication Abortion Lawsuits Update
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights
- Pregnancy and Pumping Rights
- Unpacking the Supreme Court Ruling in 303 Creative v Elenis
- One Year Without Roe: Reflections on the Anniversary of the Dobbs Decision
- North Dakota Update Part Two: Abortion Rights
- Transgender Rights in Government Custody: A Landmark Settlement