Organizing for Reproductive Freedom
In this episode, Erin Hart and Megan Peterson, and Abena Abraham discuss the current state of legislation. Cynthia Lin’s keynote leads into the episode.
In this episode, Cynthia Lin from the National Network of Abortion Funds delivers a keynote address at Reproductive Freedom Lobby Day in Minnesota, emphasizing the importance of advocating for reproductive autonomy and abortion access. We also discuss the fractured landscape of abortion rights in the US, the impact of the recent Dobbs decision, and the situation in neighboring Wisconsin. We recap Gender Justice’s lobby day, which focused on pushing for the leadership agenda and exploring Minnesota’s efforts to expand abortion access, reproductive health rights, and justice. Finally, we discuss the impending decision from a Texas court on Mifepristone and the need to continue efforts to counter the anti-abortion movement’s goal of banning all abortions.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is hosted by Erin Hart, Communications Director at Gender Justice, and produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl and Audra Grigus.
Visit Gender Justice and UnRestrict Minnesota.
- Legislative Session update & a decisive victory
- Legislative Session Update
- ICYMI: SCOTUS Chat – what’s on the docket?
- Landmark legal decision in Cooper v USA Powerlifting
- The Trans Refuge Bill
- Medication Abortion in Jeopardy?
- Menstrual Equity Legislation
- Special episode: PRO Act Vote Update
- How Religion is being used to expand and limit civil rights
- More legislation moving & the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade