Organizing for Reproductive Freedom
In this episode, Erin Hart and Megan Peterson, and Abena Abraham discuss the current state of legislation. Cynthia Lin’s keynote leads into the episode.
In this episode, Cynthia Lin from the National Network of Abortion Funds delivers a keynote address at Reproductive Freedom Lobby Day in Minnesota, emphasizing the importance of advocating for reproductive autonomy and abortion access. We also discuss the fractured landscape of abortion rights in the US, the impact of the recent Dobbs decision, and the situation in neighboring Wisconsin. We recap Gender Justice’s lobby day, which focused on pushing for the leadership agenda and exploring Minnesota’s efforts to expand abortion access, reproductive health rights, and justice. Finally, we discuss the impending decision from a Texas court on Mifepristone and the need to continue efforts to counter the anti-abortion movement’s goal of banning all abortions.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Equity in Minnesota: 2024 Legislative Agenda Briefing
- Exposing Fake Clinics: Minnesota’s “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- Equality for All: Minnesota’s Equal Rights Amendment
- Roe v. Wade’s Reversal: Impact in the Heartland
- Learning from the Green Wave: Fighting for Abortion Access in Latin America
- End of Year Mail Bag: Erin & Jess answer your questions
- Ali v. Sun Country: Justice for a Nursing Mom
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access