Virtual Briefing: Protecting Transgender Kids in North Dakota
In this episode, Erin Maye Quade is joined by Christina Sambor and Brittany Stewart.
The discussion centers on Gender Justice’s expanded work into North Dakota and South Dakota, a region often used as testing grounds for right-wing movements.
Gender Justice is challenging discriminatory laws, promoting LGBTQ rights, and reproductive rights, and bolstering legal capacity.
Christina Sambor gives an in-depth overview of North Dakota’s current gender justice landscape. Notably, the state’s recent legislation targeting transgender rights has sparked significant concern. Bills such as HB 1254 prohibit gender-affirming care for minors, restricting treatments such as puberty blockers and potentially subjecting medical professionals to legal consequences.
Brittany Stewart underscores this legislative push against trans rights as a façade of child protection, rooted in deep-seated bias against the trans community.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access
- Minnesota School Board Elections: What’s at Stake?
- Live from the MN Council of Nonprofits: Ana & Cam Kruger interview Jess Braverman
- Medication Abortion Lawsuits Update
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights