How Telemedicine Revolutionized Abortion Access
In this episode of the Gender Justice Brief, host Cam Kruger talks with Terri Ann Thompson, a senior research scientist at Ibis Reproductive Health, and Sara Jane Baldwin, Senior Staff Attorney at Gender Justice, about telehealth and medication abortion.
The discussion revolves around the use and impact of telehealth in sexual and reproductive health as well as themes of patient autonomy, improved accessibility, and convenience provided by telehealth.
Thompson shares insights from her research about the usage of telehealth among diverse groups and the potential barriers to its access.
Baldwin explains more about the specific work of Gender Justice related to telehealth for medication abortion.
As this episode touches upon the emerging questions in the research around telehealth and medication abortion, we aim to shed light on the key issues of the intersection of technology and reproductive health, and the work being done to enhance accessibility and equality in this area.
Stay up to date on the mifepristone lawsuits against the FDA: our timeline and FAQ.
About The Gender Justice Brief
The Gender Justice Brief is produced by Gunther Michael Jahnl of IQONEQ Communications Solutions and Audra Grigus.
- Gender Justice Saved My Kid: One Family’s Story
- SCOTUS Chat: What’s at Stake This Term?
- Minnesota School Board Elections: What’s at Stake?
- Live from the MN Council of Nonprofits: Ana & Cam Kruger interview Jess Braverman
- Virtual Briefing: Protecting Transgender Kids in North Dakota
- Medication Abortion Lawsuits Update
- North Dakota Health Care Ban Lawsuit
- Community Organizing
- Anderson v Thrifty White: Defending the Right to Emergency Contraception
- Back to School: Know Your Rights